Campaigner Training Day, Saturday October 18th
CTC North West Campaigns Training Day
Saturday 18th October, 11am – 5pm
Methodist Central Buildings, Oldham Street, Manchester, M1 1JQ
CTC runs the Road Justice campaign and is currently coordinating the national Space for Cycling campaign in conjunction with local campaign groups around the UK including GMCC.
Road Justice workshops will include:
· Understanding the Legal Framework
· Working with the police
· Following and attending court cases
Space for Cycling workshops will include:
· Protected space and decent junctions
· Reducing traffic volumes and speeds
Campaign skills workshops will include:
· Gaining press coverage for your campaign
· Using social media (Facebook and Twitter) in campaigning
· Running effective campaign groups
· Understanding and influencing your local authority
A draft workshop timetable can be found here.
Reasons to come to the training day:
· To gain skills in press, social media and running effective groups
· To skill up in either the Road Justice or Space for Cycling campaigns
· To meet, learn and share ideas from experienced campaigners and CTC staff
The event is FREE to attend and is aimed at all campaigners in the North West of England.
Registration: Please register for the event here.
Travel Bursary: CTC is willing to cover up to one third of the travel cost of attendees, if you have limited means and a long journey time. Please bring tickets or travel receipts on the day.